Reflection in Real Life

Unit 3 Task 2

In every primary school, there is always a bookshop. Now this bookshop was like a magical world for me. It was filed with all sorts of things from key chains to colored pencils and to miniature boxes, everything that a little girl would want. My favorite part about recess was going to the bookshop. After having my meal, I would always go there and spend all my leftover pocket money.


I had a bad habit of impulse buying then. I would buy all sorts of unnecessary things and often, I would get chided by my mom. I did not understand the importance of saving money as I kept spending it all away.


Thinking back, I think that it was not knowing the value of money; how hard one must work in order to earn money, that led me to buying things impulsively. Well, the consequence was not having much savings but ultimately, it was not understanding the importance of saving money at a young age.


It was tough at first, trying to control my impulsive buying. But after much scolding and warnings from my parents and also lessons from teachers, I definitely have changed. I do not buy things impulsively now. I understand that when buying things, it is categorized into 2 groups: need and want. Before buying anything, I will always ask myself “Do I really need it or do I just want it?”, “Is it a necessity?”.


Well, now, I take ages to decide whether or not I want to buy something.



Comments

  1. Thanks so much for your sharing in this reflection, Shannyn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts