Introductory Letter - Revised

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Shannyn and I am a first year engineering student attending your effective communication
module. Just this May, I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic with a Diploma in Integrated Facility
Management. I have passed the Fire Safety Manager Course and certified Business Continuity Foundation.
Despite my engineering background, I have a great interest for the humanities. Hence, I undertook
extra modules in psychology, sociology and heritage studies.

What I love most are travelling and food. Being able to see, feel and hear the whole world outside of little
Singapore helps me to broaden my horizons. Also, I love trying out all the different types of cuisines
from all over the world.

During my internship with Changi Airport Group, I gained valuable knowledge in managing airport
operations. Upon graduation, I hope to manage airport facilities not only locally but overseas as well.
In the long run, I aspire to be a lecturer and give back my knowledge and expertise to society.

One of my strengths would be being able to converse easily with others. I love interacting with different
kinds of people. Whilst in the airport, a huge part of my job is to communicate with passengers from all
over the world and therefore I am able to develop this strength of mine.

Having to speak in front of a large crowd is one of my weaknesses as I feel I am unable to fully grasp
their attention. I tend to be a little nervous when speaking out. When speaking in front of crowds, I
appear rigid.

Therefore my goal is to build up my confidence when speaking in front of others, to become a speaker
that is not only confident but fun and engaging. Another goal of mine is also to learn how to communicate
effectively with my audience and how to fully grasp their attention and interact with them.

I look forward to learning more knowledge and skills from this module that will definitely be beneficial for me in school, work and society.

Regards,
Shannyn Tay

SIE2016 - T5



Comments

Popular Posts